USCIS only offers a limited amount of employment-based applications for permanent residence every year, therefore it is important to obtain legal assistance that can offer the best strategy to avoid delays or extensive wait-times. Our office can also assist you to achieve your family-based immigration goals if you or your family member will sponsor someone in their application for permanent residence.


USCIS has resumed accepting requests to renew a grant of deferred action under DACA. However, USCIS will not be accepting requests from individuals who have never applied for and been granted deferred action under DACA.


Our office has over twenty years experience in processing nonimmigrant visas and can assist you whether you are applying for temporary or permanent residence. Nonimmigrant visas can include B-1/B-2 visitors visas for business and pleasure, E-1 treaty trader and E-2 investor visas, F-1 visas for students coming to the U.S. temporarily to pursue a full course of study, H-1B visas for professionals in a specialty occupation, L visas for executive, managerial and specialized knowledge international transferees, T visas for victims of human trafficking, and U visas for crime victims, among many others.


Aliens with a specialized set of skills can obtain green cards if they have job offers from US sponsors and if they obtain an Application for Permanent Employment Certification (“labor certification”) from the U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”) The Labor Certification is a process whereby the DOL has certified that the employer has not been able to find qualified U.S. workers for the position offered.


Citizenship and naturalization are the legal processes by which an immigrant can become a citizen. To become a citizen, you must: (1) live in the United States for at least five years (or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen) and be physically in the United States for at least half of that time, (2) live continuously in the United States from the date of your application up to the time of citizenship, (3) be a person of good moral character, and (4) meet requirements for literacy and knowledge of U.S. government and U.S. history.


If you are a non-citizen and have committed certain criminal offenses, are a citizen who has overstayed their visa, or are a non-citizen who has entered the United States illegally, you may be subject to deportation. Cecilia can provide the legal representation to help you avoid deportation by filing for a waiver of the grounds of removal or petitioning to review your case before the Board of Immigration Appeals and U.S. circuit court of appeals.


Individuals who can establish that they fled their homeland due to “persecution or fear of persecution on the basis of race, religion, nationality, or membership in a particular social or political group” may be eligible for asylum.